- Date: Sunday June 2nd, 2013
- Location: Parke Hotel & Conference Center, 1413 Leslie Drive, Bloomington, IL. 61701
- Packet Pick-up: Saturday June 1st, 2013 at the Parke Hotel & Conference Center from 1-3pm
- Start: 11:00am
- Fee: $25.00 until May 15th, $30.00 after. Two dollars off for Lake Run Club members.
- Begins and ends at the Parke Hotel (See following Link for details on the race route)
- Final times provided by the Lake Run Club
- Times will be called out at the 1 and 2 mile marks
- Water stops at the 1 and 2.5 mile marks
- There will be a male and female winner in each of the
following divisions as well as an overall male and female winner
- 19 and under
- 60 and over
- Start: 11:45am
- Fee: $5.00 (No T-Shirt) $10.00 (With T-Shirt)
- The children's fun run will be run in the following order:
- 2 and under
- 3 and 4
- 5 and 6
- 7 and older
- All participants in the fun run will receive a medal and a bib.
Champion Chase will be held in conjunction with the Children's Miracle Network telethon at the Parke Hotel & Conference Center. Following the race, families are invited to take part in telethon activities such as:
- Variety of food donated by sponsors
- Music to keep you moving by Jayme Bland's SoundSations
- Bounce House
- Face painting by Wild Style DC
- Balloon animals
All activities are free to race participants and their families.
Race day parking is available at the Parke Hotel as well as the First Farmer's State Bank at the corner of GE Road and Towanda Barnes. However, no cars may block the ATM lane.
It is our hope that our Champion Chase will be a fun and fulfilling family event that will become an annual means of fundraising for the Children's Hospital of Illinois. If there is anything we can do to make the event more enjoyable for you or your family, please do not hesitate to contact us! We look forward to seeing you on race day!!!
Image courtesy of photostock /
About the Charity
Children's Hospital of Illinois is a 124-bed, full service pediatric hospital on the campus of OSF Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria. With more than 115 pediatric specialists representing more than 40 pediatric subspecialties, they are the major pediatric teaching facility of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria.
Can't participate on race day? Not to worry. Make a donation using the donate button below and support the Children's Hospital of Illinois.
Image courtesy of stockimages /
If you are interested in volunteering on race day, please fill out the information below. Thank you!
Thanks to our Sponsors
Our sponsors are critical to making this event a success. Without their help this event wouldn't be possible. To each of our sponsors we give our sincerest appreciation.
Don't see your company's logo below? Contact Katie about sponsoring this event!
Questions or Comments about the race? Contact Katie